Followers

Sunday 26 July 2015

Barrel of wine

This lovely image is called "wine barrel" and its from My heart pieces at Stitchy Bear Stamps.
I used it for this weeks challenge at Glitter n Sparkle...
"Beginning with a B"


So, I've got: 
barrel, bottles, booze (!), berries, brown, border.
I would stick a butterfly on there somewhere too, 
But I think this one's a card for a male.
I coloured the image with my promarkers and popped some parts on foam pads. 
I decoupaged the fruit at the top of the barrel.
I made the border frame myself ..I hand-cut the shape and embossed lines around each side, 
as well as inking the edges carefully...and you can't see it well,
but I have faux-stitched around all the edges of the frame, too.
I bought a bargain new embossing folder at the car boot last week too...
and used that inside the frame, as a background.

When I decide who this is going too, I may add their name / age
onto the wine bottle labels.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges...

Fab n funky - no patterned papers - 11 Aug
Krafting kimmie -atg - 29 July
Dream valley - embossing wet or dry - 2 Aug
Love to scrap - atg - 3 Aug
Inkspirational - kraft - 31 July
Cards galore encore - use a stamp / digi - 31 July
Simply papercrafts - atg - 30 July
Sister act - atg - 30 July
Scrappers delight - atg - 31 July



11 comments:

Dawn said...

Brilliant card for the theme!
I love the beautiful image & your bang on design!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Unknown said...

Defiantly a great card for a male, love the design and fab images. Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley and we hope to see you back with us soon. Jennifer DT member x

Pat K said...

Fun card with a great design. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. hugs, Pat K x

NanaConnie said...

Fun card, Vic, and you certainly pile on the "b"s. :-D Love all that cutting you did.

Lillian A said...

Great idea for a celebratory card. Thank you for your entry into our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.

Marina said...

This card has so many lovely touches - the decoupaged fruit, the frame ,...and your idea to add a name to the labels would really be the perfect finish! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

E said...

Great card! Love the way you cut the images! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin Kimmie WW challenge.

Glittertastic said...

A great make for anyone who likes wine! Awesome cutting skils as well - you're so neat.

Thanks for sharing with us this week at Simply Papercraft

Sharon (Glittertastic)
DT Member

ike said...

Fabulous 'Blokey' card :-) Great colouring.
Thank you for making such a great project using our Digis.
It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

Best wishes,

IKE x

DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

Shona Hamill said...

Stunning card. Thank you for joining in with our embossing challenge at Dream Valley Challenges. Shona x

The Little Stamper said...

I love the fact that you have used texture instead of patterned paper for our challenge.

Thanks for sharing at Fab n Funky.

Sharon x