Followers

Sunday 21 October 2012

A few today.

I realised I haven't put anything on my blog for far too long!

 So, I thought I would start with this one...
I was asked..by a colleague, to make this card for a lady who is about to retire. 
My Hubby swished over the bird and branch, with his wax on an iron (encaustic art) 
 and I finished it with my new memory box teeny flowers, (which I have had for a good 
few weeks, and not used yet!!) which I cut in blue and white. 
The window, shutters and window-box are all memory box dies too.
For the embossed bricks, I used my papermania embossing folder, and inked round the edges.

I am  entering this card into the following challenges...
HIMCR68 - die cuts (ends 26/10/12)
Creative Card Crew - birds
Top tip Tuesday - things with wings (ends 23/10.12)


 
 This one was one of the more simple ones I made for the wedding commission.
I was asked to make a thank-you card for her wedding day beauty lady.
I embossed the edge, made my own sentiment in word, 
added a butterfly and then a splash of stickles glitter to the eyeline and the make-up brush.
She loved this one!

I would like to enter this in the following challenge..
Through the craft room door -  anything goes. (ends 23/10/12)



As you may have guessed, this was also for the wedding... a thank-you for the best man.
I took this photo before I put on the "thank-you" sentiment, oops!
I used the wedding colours... and the colours of the best mans suit.
This went down well, too!

I will try and keep up with my blog a little more... 
It's only another week till half term so I should have more time then.

Thanks for your comments...I really appreciate them!!!  xx

8 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Vic all of your cards have an amazing uniqueness to them. Each style so different and striking! Absolultely loved admiring them. You're entered at Top Tip Tuesday for our Things With Wings challenge but I don't see a link so I can't tell which one you're entering there.
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Caroline said...

Fabulous selection of card's. Caroline xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Great card by both of you. This is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it with us at Creative Card Crew and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Vic said...

Lisa... thanks for letting me know...i just realised i had added some links on my page and then forgot to save them! i remember typing in "top tip tuesday" as it was the first time I found your blog! I have also realised that I have missed a few more blog links out on another card.... but I can't remember which challenges they were now...ggrr!!! thanks for letting me know... xx

Danielle said...

Great cards... I love the tuxedo one, and I'm sure it will be a hit with the recipients. Thanks for playing along with us at TTCRD.

Unknown said...

Hi Vic love your wedding theme cards they are quite unique.Could not find a link to OSCC on this post but thanks for playing along with us this week.

Scrappin Robin said...

Love your window card, it is beautiful. Thanks for sharing and playing with Hiding in My Craft Room.

Robin L.

Jenscrapstoo said...

All your cards are wonderful, the window box card is delightful!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo